Commercial spaces such as offices, factories, hospitals, hotels, malls, educational institutes, and banks need to ensure the availability of potable water for safety and well-being of their employees, customers, and other people. Industries that deploy medical, chemical, industrial, and pharmacological processes also require clean and safe water.
However, water sourced from groundwater and surface water is not fit for human consumption unless it undergoes treatment through a water purification system. Let’s first understand what makes water impure.
Basic Characteristics of Water That Determine its Purity
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
TDS refers to the presence of organic and inorganic substances such as salts, ions, metals, and minerals in the water. As per the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the acceptable TDS limit is 500 mg/l.
Hardness in water refers to the amount of dissolved calcium and magnesium ions in the water. As per BIS, the acceptable limit of water hardness is 200 mg/l.
- pH level
pH is the measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions present in water. It determines water’s acidity or alkalinity. The pH value decreases if hydrogen ion level is higher – it makes the water more acidic. Conversely, the pH value increases if hydrogen ion level is lower – this makes the water more alkaline. Alkaline water is always better than acidic water. As per BIS, the acceptable pH level is 6.5-8.5.
Other Water Impurity Issues in Commercial Establishments
- Bad Taste and Odor
The unusual taste and odor of water indicate that certain impure substances such as iron or chlorine are causing these issues.
- Iron and Magnesium Contamination
Water that contains iron and magnesium can make taps, sinks, and other fixtures and equipment rusty and form a reddish-brown or brownish-black slime. This in turn can clog water systems, making the water impure.
Sediments contain toxic compounds that can cause wear and tear of water appliances, and alter water’s taste and odor.
Untreated water may contain pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and parasites which can cause diarrhea, nausea, fever, vomiting, and other health issues.
- Lead Contamination
High levels of lead present in water can enter the bloodstream and cause brain and kidney damage.
Benefits of Commercial Water Purification
A commercial water purification system is a great investment to improve water quality. Here are some ways a commercial water purifier installation can prove to be beneficial:
- Reduction of Contaminants
A commercial water purifier can eliminate chemicals, corrosive salts, metals, microorganisms, and other unwanted contaminants to a significant extent. The purification process makes water clean and safe to consume.
- Ensure Good Health
Pure water can ensure the good health of employees and protect them from waterborne diseases. The incidences of sick leaves and absenteeism can also decrease, leading to higher productivity in the workplace.
- Meet Regulatory Compliances
Clean water is a mandate by the Indian Ministry of Labor and Employment. According to the Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code, employers need to provide clean drinking water to employees. Similarly, the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act of India states that the provision of clean and adequate drinking water facilities is mandatory in elementary schools.
A commercial water purification system helps you to adhere to these compliance. At the same time, it also establishes your business as a credible, thoughtful, and caring brand.
- Lower Operating Expenses
A commercial water purifier will also bring down operating expenses often associated with equipment breakdown, plumbing repairs, etc. It maximizes the efficiency of drinking water-related fixtures.
A water purifier also saves costs on buying bottled water which can be quite expensive given the consumption of water is in large volumes in commercial spaces.
UV Technology in Commercial Water Purification
Several commercial establishments prefer a commercial RO water purifier which is a good choice if water has a TDS level higher than 500PPM and is sourced from groundwater. However, a UV water purifier makes more sense when water comes from surface water from the municipal corporation and has a TDS level of less than 500 PPM.
When UV light passes through water, it kills waterborne pathogens and destroys their DNA by exposing them to UV light of wavelength 254 nm. UV technology can be combined with pre-filtration for higher effectiveness. Research lists the following advantages of UV water purification:
- It does not significantly alter the water quality
- It is relatively inexpensive with low capital and operating costs, compared to other disinfection options
- It is relatively easy to operate
- It has a relatively small footprint and is usually amenable to retrofitting into existing water treatment plants
- It is a chemical-free treatment
Benefits of Alfaa UV Commercial Water Purifiers
A trusted name in residential and commercial water purification systems, Alfaa UV is known for its range of quality products and reliable service backup.
If you are looking for a UV commercial water filter system, you can consider the following two options from Alfaa UV:
This has a flow rate of 200 LPH with a power consumption of 21 W. The L X B X H dimensions are 400 X 75 X 420.
This has a flow rate of 500 LPH with a power consumption of 30 W. The L X B X H dimensions are 520 X 75 X 800.
Both these water purifiers have the following specifications:
- 3 Stage UV water purifier
- Advanced Filtration System
- Stainless steel purification chamber
- Can be easily attached to water coolers
The benefits you can avail of Alfaa UV water purifiers are:
- Reliable and consistent UV disinfection efficiency
- High quality and affordability
- Simple installation and maintenance. Compact units require minimum space
- Easily adaptable to varied site conditions.
- Stainless Steel purification chamber
- Quartz glass technology for superior UV transmission
- Comes with an Advanced Filtration System
You can also explore options in RO commercial water purifiers:
Alfaa Dewdrop 7 stage RO water purifier is a complete water purification solution. It offers the following benefits:
- Optional SS UV + TDS Control
- Fully automatic Counter Top/Wall mount RO water purifier
- Automatic membrane ‘Flush & Wash’ facility
- Automatic membrane ‘Flush & Wash’ facility
- Easy removal of hardness, heavy metal contaminants, pesticides, and micro-organisms from the water
- Free water test, demonstration and installation
The Commercial RO Systems that Alfaa UV offers are available at different LPH (Liter Per Hour) capacity such as 35 LPH, 50 LPH, 100 LPH and 250 LPH.
This ensures that all commercial establishments can choose the best RO water system for varied uses based on their specific needs. You can avail of the following benefits:
- Converts hard water into soft water
- Output water meets IS: 10500 standards
- Removes harmful impurities and microorganisms
- Enhances taste of water
- Beverages & Food tastes better due to purity of water
- Huge savings from bottle water usage
- Good quality water for workers
- Assurance of Alfaa UV’s trusted service backup with all Commercial RO water system.
Get in touch with Alfaa UV today at +91-86579 23938 to know more.